The inaugural Arthritis Broadcast Network (ABN) #Greek2Street Facebook and Twitter Live event was held at the 2018 KT Canada Annual Scientific Meeting in Vancouver, BC. The ABN conducted a total of 18 interviews in a little over 36 hours.
Interview topics included:
- knowledge translation methods for healthcare providers, patients, and families;
- patient engagement in research, health economic research, and healthcare;
- effective communication techniques to educate and inform patients about adherence, treatment information, and self-care practices;
- patient preferences and moving beyond clinical guidelines;
- effective implementation of guidelines;
- knowledge translation and health technology assessment;
- co-developing “toolkits” with patients;
- citizen engagement in elder care;
- evaluation of patient engagement; and,
- using arts to engage youth in research.
The interviews remain on the ABN Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/ArthritisBroadcastNetwork/) and are available on the ABN YouTube channel under “KT Canada 2018 – #Greek2Street Knowledge Translation”: http://bit.ly/Greek2Street2018
Please continue the conversation online. And most importantly, tell patients about this resource! The body of interviews is like a mini-lesson on knowledge translation.